When it comes to cleaning the fridge, there are a lot of cleaning products on the market. However, if you think about it, they also contain pretty harsh chemicals. And you don’t want to use chemicals to clean the inside of your fridge as the food will absorb the smell. Hence, you should try an all-natural DIY fridge cleaner. It will definitely cut through grease, it will disinfect your fridge and it will also leave a clean natural smell. Keep reading and see how easy it is to make this natural cleaner to keep the inside of your fridge spotless.
Pour the following ingredients into a spray bottle and shake.
– 1/2 cup white vinegar
– 1 cup water
– 3-5 drops of lemon essential oil
Once you have all your kitchen cleaning products on hand, it’s time to consider how to clean the inside of your fridge.
Here are some handy steps on how you should proceed:
1. It may seem obvious, but remove all food before starting from the inside of your fridge. Even if you’re only using natural products, you don’t want to be reaching around objects. Having an empty fridge makes the process so much easier, and removes the possibility of contamination.
2. Take out all removable parts, such as shelves and drawers. Fill a basin with warm water and regular dishwashing soap and leave these parts to soak before wiping and rinsing.
3. Wipe all surface areas either with the solution you just made. Use a microfibre cloth or a good quality sponge – these cleaning tools will not fall apart and leave little particles behind in the fridge.
4. For stubborn stains, mix a small amount of baking soda with a little water to produce a thick paste. Apply the paste to the stain and leave for an hour before wiping with a damp sponge or cloth. The baking soda should loosen the stain, making it easy to wipe away all the stains from the inside of your fridge.