Cleaning the carpets is one of those housekeeping tasks that I tend to put off. It is tedious and quite overwhelming. I always try to take care of spills or stains right away. However, the regular maintenance cleaning is another story. I donțt really find the time to get that professional cleanig when it comes to carpet. However, these days I tried something new! A completely natural carpet cleaning solution you could also DIY anytime. Check it out!
Here it comes, the best DIY natural carpet cleaning solution you will ever need:
First off, let’s see the ingredients and the supplies you will need to proceed further:
– Baking soda
– White vinegar
– Lemon essential oil
– A stiff brush
Now, by following these simple instructions, you will definitely succeed:
1. Before you begin cleaning, make sure that your carpet has been thoroughly vacuumed.
2. Start by sprinkling a thin layer of baking soda all over the carpet in the area you’ll be cleaning. You could easily use a special mason jar lid with a shaker top. It makes it a lot easier.
2. Next, mix up a solution of equal parts warm water and vinegar. Add 5-6 drops of lemon essential oil to your solution, and stir to combine. Pour the vinegar and water solution into a spray bottle.
3. As you spray the natural solution over your carpets, the vinegar and baking soda will react and help scrub your carpets clean. And of course, the lemon essential oil will leave things smelling fresh and clean!
4. Once you get going cleaning it with a brush, you will see how dirty the water is when you get it pulled out of the carpet! It just goes to show that cleaning your carpets is a job that should be done regularly – whether you think you need to or not!