Yeah, I already know that most spider species are harmless to humans, but my imagination go wild when I see a spider. This tiny insect suddenly turns into a giant and evil monster and all I can hear is run for your life! I know I’m childish and foolish, but spiders will be spiders – you won’t turn into a superhero if it bites you. As a matter of fact, you’ll get a reddish and itchy bump on your skin which is not very pleasant.
However, you don’t have to use a gun to kill the nasty spider. Overtime, I’ve learned how to keep calm and rid of these pesky spiders from my house using some natural and handy methods.
How to get rid of spiders – step by step instructions:
- Vacuum your home from top to bottom.
- Limit outdoor lighting and remove non-essentials from home perimeter.
- Place sticky traps indoors to identify problem areas.
- Administer non-toxic pesticide to problem areas discovered.
- Apply spider repellent.
- Seal openings in building envelope.
Folk Remedies For Spiders – Horse Chestnuts
Place a few horse chestnuts in each corner of the house and in any area of the house where you frequently run across spiders.
Little is known about why this treatment repels spiders, and there is no scientific evidence or explanation backing the solution. Some people say that horse chestnuts have some form of noxious chemical that repels spiders based on scent. So. split the chestnut to release some of its scent and you’ll keep spiders away.
Repel Spiders With Vinegar
Mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Apply it to any area in which spiders gather and spray it directly on any spider you see.
- Vinegar contains acetic acid, which is thought to burn and kill spiders upon contact. You can also place small dishes of vinegar in dark corners to ward away spiders.